Sunday, September 3, 2017

Day 2 of Childhood Cancer Awareness Month

Day 2 of Childhood Cancer Awareness Month.

Some time in 1994 Is when I became aware of Childhood Cancer. A little girl named Amy, in Tinley Park, Where we lived at the time, Was diagnosed with Ependymoma on June 4th of that year. My Mom meet Her & Her Mom through Walgreens where my Mom worked. My Mom told me about Amy. When I heard about Amy, I tried to raise some money for the family through my Avon, but was unsuccessful. But it is then that I learned about what St. Jude Ch...ildren's Research Hospital Did and It was My First Attempt To Raise Money For Childhood Cancer. I had heard of St. Jude before that, as my Grandma always donated to them, but till then, I never knew what they did. Little Did I Know At Time, That 7 years later, On June 4, 2001, Our Sweet Beautiful Ashley, Would Begin Her Journey With Her First Diagnose of Cancer Called Ependymoma & Become a St. Jude Patient Herself.

Ashley & Amy, 2 Complete Strangers, were diagnosed exactly 7 years apart to the day, with the same cancer. Two Complete Strangers Who Became The Best Of Friends.
When & How did you become aware of Childhood Cancer?

No comments:

Post a Comment

The People We Meet Along This Grief Journey

Day 225~ I Love and Miss You So Much My Sweet Beautiful Ashley. My Baby Girl. :'( 💔 🦋 ASHLEY FOREVER IN MY HEART..... ♥️ ...