Sunday, September 3, 2017

My Boy's Hurt Too

For anyone that doesn't know, My Jake, he has missed a lot of school. Going through this journey has been tremendously difficult on my Boy's. My Kids Fought, like a lot of Syblings do, but even as close as I was with my siblings, I have never seen a bond like that of Ashley, Michael & Jake. Those Boy's Love Their Big Sister With All Their Heart. Heck, I have never seen cousins bond with each other the way my nephews Kyle, Johnny & Luke have with my Kids, especially My Sweet... Beautiful Ashley.

Ashley was like a 2nd Mom to Jake. She was a big part of encouraging him in every way with school and preparing him for the year ahead. So Jake has struggled quite a bit and missed a lot of school. He has been dealing with health issues because of all the stress. Those things have not gotten better, in fact since Ashley left us, they've gotten worse. Jake has already missed 5 days of school this year and it hasn't even been a month.

But even through the most excruciating pain ever, my boys, and Ash is the same way, can somehow find humor in life. That's actually one of the things that I love so very much about my children. (I know I said Ash "IS", Just can't bring myself to say that other word.)

So anyway, my very witty Jake received his Class of 2018 Sweatshirt. He tried it on this morning and then he said, "You May Have Bought This A Little Too Early. We May Need Class of 2019."
Although I am happy he can find humor in things, It's truly sad what he has been through. One wouldn't know it by his grades, because of all the struggles he has faced, and the amount of school he has missed, but Jake is a pretty intelligent kid. When I'm having a conversation with him and he is telling me things about a particular subject, I look at him and think, "Where does all this information in your brain come from." History, Politics and Computers are his specialty.

He knew the correct answer to that math problem I posted yesterday. So although he will tell you that he sucks at math, he can't be that bad.



No comments:

Post a Comment

The People We Meet Along This Grief Journey

Day 225~ I Love and Miss You So Much My Sweet Beautiful Ashley. My Baby Girl. :'( 💔 🦋 ASHLEY FOREVER IN MY HEART..... ♥️ ...