Saturday, October 14, 2017

Losing A Child Changes You

Day147~21 Weeks

Losing a Child Changes You in a Way No One Else Can Understand.

Who you were leaves this world with your child. You will not one day become your old self again. You are forever changed. Without your child, you can never be the person you once were. It is just not possible.
...
I believe that I am and always have been an individual, but I believe that part of me is defined by the people in my life, most especially My Children.

Take a chocolate chip cookie for example. So, a chocolate chip cookie is a combination of many ingredients. Butter, Sugar, Brown Sugar, Eggs, Flour, Vanilla, Chocolate Chips. If you take away one of those ingredients, A chocolate chip cookie is no longer a chocolate chip cookie. On the outside, it may look like a chocolate chip cookie, but if someone were to eat that cookie, they would know something is missing.

So, although I may look like Maureen, part of who I am, is missing. Part of who I was, was defined by Ashley. Before Ashley, Michael & Jake, I was a Chocolate Chip Cookie, Missing Ingredients. Then they came into my life and I became the Maureen that many of you got to know. When Ashley Left Me, the part of me, that was defined by My Amazing Daughter, who taught me so much about life and what is important, is now missing. I Am Once Again a Chocolate Chip Cookie, Missing One of It’s Ingredients. A Very Important Ingredient. Just as a Chocolate Chip Cookie Is Not a Chocolate Chip Cookie, without all its ingredients, Maureen is Not Maureen, without ALL OF HER CHILDREN.

I Know I am not a Chocolate Chip Cookie & My Children Are Not Ingredients, It Is Just a Simple Way To Try & Make People Understand, Just a Little Bit. I was looking at the chocolate chip cookies in my kitchen before I started to post and that it was led to the Chocolate Chip Cookie Analogy.

I Love & Miss You So Much Ashley. I Carry You with Me Every Where, Every Day. But Part of Me, Is & Always Will, Be Missing from This World, Because That Part of Me, That Was One of the Best Parts of Me, Was Taken From Me, When This World Took You From Me.

ASHLEY, FOREVER In My Heart…..❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️




No comments:

Post a Comment

The People We Meet Along This Grief Journey

Day 225~ I Love and Miss You So Much My Sweet Beautiful Ashley. My Baby Girl. :'( 💔 🦋 ASHLEY FOREVER IN MY HEART..... ♥️ ...