Saturday, October 14, 2017

Nothing About This Is Normal

Day 152~

NORMAL. Normal means, Typical, expected, usual.

Nothing about losing my Ashley is Normal, Typical or Expected. So how does one find a New Normal after losing a child, when there is nothing normal about losing a child?
...
This isn't freaking NORMAL. It is not normal to wake up every morning & the first thing that happens is that you are reminded that your child is gone and the second thing is you start crying.
It is not normal to walk around with a fake smile and when people ask you how you are you say, "I am Okay. I just get through one day at a time." That is not normal because it is a lie. I am not okay. I barley make it through a day.

It is not normal that when in public & around family & friends, you do everything you can to hold back the tears, yet inside you are dying a slow & painful death.

What is normal about feeling sick to your stomach every day? Having a daily headache from all of the crying? What is normal about the fact that at least, once a day, the reality that your child is gone hits you like a brick to the face, a knife in the heart, tears streaming down your face like a river & pain so intense that you can barley stand on your two legs? What is normal about crying yourself to sleep? What is normal about not knowing who you are anymore? It is not normal that I feel like everyone else is moving forward & I am stuck, frozen in time.

About a month after My Ashley Left us, someone compared My Daughter Being Gone to what they went through with their Cancer. They said, "You just have to learn to live a new normal." Yeah, We learned to live a new normal when Ashley was diagnosed with cancer. I know all about living a new normal. We lived it for 16 years. But there is no learning to live a New Normal When Your Child Is Taken Away From You.

Nothing about this is normal. NOTHING....

I Love & Miss You So Much Ashley. My Sweet, Beautiful, Baby Girl.

ASHLEY FOREVER IN MY HEART.....



No comments:

Post a Comment

The People We Meet Along This Grief Journey

Day 225~ I Love and Miss You So Much My Sweet Beautiful Ashley. My Baby Girl. :'( 💔 🦋 ASHLEY FOREVER IN MY HEART..... ♥️ ...