Monday, February 12, 2018

Empty Words

Since Ashley passed away, I have received multiple letters, booklets & phone calls from St. Jude with information for Bereaved Parents. Most recently this came in the mail.

Although St. Jude was still taking care of Ashley for her first cancer/first 2 diagnosis, Ashley was not being treated by them for her 2nd Cancer 3 & 4th diagnosis. Ashley did not pass away at St. Jude. Ashley did not get her secondary cancer because of a drug St. Jude asked her to take.

Ashley was in the care of University of Chicago Comer Children's Hospital. She got the secondary cancer because of a drug they asked her to take. She passed away while in their hospital, under their care. Yet, not one individual of Her primary care team, nor Her social worker, nor Her adult team, reached out to us. With the exception of some of Her nurses who came to her services, or honored her by running in Nashville, Her Infectious Disease Doctor & his Fellow sent a card with a touching note. Other than that, the rest of them, who spent a great deal of time with My Ashley, over the last 2 1/2 years of Her life, did not make any effort at all to acknowledge or remember My Amazing Daughter. My Daughter who put her faith in them. My Daughter who they claimed they cared about. How unprofessional is a hospital that makes no effort to try and provide any assistance with the grieving process. Seems to me a sign of guilt.

I am not taking about Her primary, Her fellow, Her np and the incompetent man in charge, as I asked them not to contact me. But there were multiple other doctors, nurse practitioners, specialty nurses, support staff, etc.... Who were part of her care for 2 1/2 years, of which she spent a total of about a year of that in the hospital, that didn't reach out in any way. Beyond Sad. Guess the only thing they are professionals at, is being phony. They told Ashley they cared, but they really didn't. It was just a bunch of empty words. Ashley was nothing more than a specimen to them.

So you see, when I say that they are an incompetent, unprofessional hospital, it's not me projecting anger because of the loss of My Daughter. It is because we spent a great deal of time inpatient & We saw first hand, the incompetence of this hospital. Why do you think we planned on going to Seattle?

Yet St. Jude has repeatedly reached out to us and let us know they are here for us.

St. Jude cured our ASHLEY, University of Chicago took Her from Us, they know it and that is why the didn't reach out to us.



No comments:

Post a Comment

The People We Meet Along This Grief Journey

Day 225~ I Love and Miss You So Much My Sweet Beautiful Ashley. My Baby Girl. :'( 💔 🦋 ASHLEY FOREVER IN MY HEART..... ♥️ ...